[Dailydrool] Xaxa has "crusty"patches on his skin- any hints?

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 28 20:27:52 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone

I have been wanting to write about it, Xaxa has some little patches on his skin that look like little crusts. If not taken they grow but then, when we take it, it comes with all the skin and the hair, leaving the skin raw. We apply antibiotic ointment and he never complains or looks as if it hurts. But then we find another little patch..on the bun, the tail, neck, anywhere really. Has anyone ever experienced it? We showed it once to the vet but she didn't do anything and didn't care about it. The crust seems a little oily but is kind of thick.
He eventually has dandruff, could it be related?
We don't know what to do and wouldn't like him to continue with those raw bloody skin patches. If we don't take the crust off it gets bigger.
We send drool to all in need and Godspeed to sweet Zelda.
Take care
Virginia, concerned mom of Xaxa da Basset and Violeta da Basset in Canada

"I'm truly convinced, by faith and experience that living on this earth is not a trial but a pastime. If we live simply and wisely. Simplify, simplify."
- Thoreau