[Dailydrool] Maggie May

Carol V MacLeod macleod at tcnj.edu
Wed Jul 30 03:54:31 PDT 2008

What a beautiful story about Maggie May, she is truly a royal basset now
in her forever home being loved and with her loved ones waiting for the
rest of us.   I am sure she will show us the way when our time comes and
be a shining star for us to admire always.   Thanks so much for sharing
your story.

I have a basset rescue question.  My neighbor is looking for a young male
basset (she has a one year old female) and the Basset rescue in our area
told her of a young male that was up for adoption.   They came out and the
inspection went fine, but they then told her that the male and a female
basset that needed to go along with him.   She is heart broken because her
family has one basset now and she feels she can not handle three at this
time.   Was it fair not to tell them that it was two bassets that needed a
home.   Help me give her some good advise!   They would be a loving family
with the three bassets, but I think they should have known from the
beginning and they would have had made that decision on their own and not
put up against the wall....I feel for both sides of this ....esp the
bassets needing a home.   They are now offering an older basset with
issues, was this a set up!  I am sorry to sound negative, but something
just does not sound right.

Carol