[Dailydrool] Elder Clara

GalinkinSK at aol.com GalinkinSK at aol.com
Wed Jul 30 15:14:15 PDT 2008

I just went into the Basset of the Week to vote for Clara and lo and behold
there was Abraham (Ga-linkin)...I didn't even know he was in the
running...anyway...don't tell Abe but I voted for Clara.   I just love  those senior kids,
they have so much wisdom in those eyes...

My heart goes out to Momperson and Dadperson on the loss of sweet
Zelda...what a beautiful tribute.

We could use a little drool as Abraham's brother Owen Max Bloomberg has  been
battling a mystery lump...a few weeks back he had this huge lump appear at  a
previous surgery site from a mast cell tumor which was removed almost 4 years
 ago.  The tumor came back as a 2 which for  mast cell is pretty  good...a 1
being the best.  Anyway when this lump appeared I freaked and  rushed him to
the vet .  Fortunately Auntie Ilene was able to meet me there  so I had an
extra pair of ears as sometimes we hear but don't listen as we are  too upset.  As
it turned out the Vet took three aspirations and came up  with
NOTHING...whew...he sent us away with no diagnosis.  Two days later  the mystery lump was
gone ...I was thrilled and giving it some thought I came up  with an insect
bite...made sense...appeared very fast and went away.   Meanwhile I went and
purchased Benedryl just in case of a future  incident.   About four days ago the
lump has reappeared in the  identical spot...it is as large and as hard.  Back
to the Vet again  yesterday and after three more aspirations, nothing.  I told
the Vet that  the lump felt warm and that perhaps it might be an infection.
He took a  larger gauge needle and aspirated from again another spot and tons
of puss came  out (sorry to be so graphic) .   At this point he checked all
aspirations and came up with a bacterial infection.   What is causing  it is a
mystery.   He gave me a few options but highly suggested  tubing the lump to
let whatever was in there could drain, a round of antibiotics  and some pain
meds as Owen was visible in pain and would not lay on that  side.  By the way ,
the lump is on his ribcage.  After an hour and a  bundle of nerves the vet came
out and said that he did not get the results he  was hoping for which would
have been Mt. Vesuvius erupting.   So now  Owen has this tube, and is on meds
and I am applying hot compresses.  He  goes back Monday for tube removal.
Secondary to the lump he has an edema  on his underside.  The vet feels that is
secondary to the infection.   He took a culture to determine what kind of
bacterial infection it is .  We  will know probably by Friday.   If this doesn't
correct itself with  the antibiotics we will have to have more surgery to find
what is causing the  infection.  The vet explained that sometimes a foreign body
gets in an area  and causing the inflammation and infection .  Owen is the
most selfless dog  I have ever known!!!... he is experiencing pain and  is
having difficulty  finding a comfortable position to get in yet he stands there
cleaning Abraham's  face.  The most touching thing to watch.   Owen was a rescue
from  a home where there was domestic abuse...I rescued him and he rescued me
as two  weeks prior to him coming into my life I lost my sweet 10 1/2 year old
Golden  Retriever.   He help me through my grief along with helping the other
 dogs cope.  _http://www.dogster.com/dogs/92950_
(http://www.dogster.com/dogs/92950) .    If anyone else has experienced this or knows of a similar
situation please email  me off list.

Shelley, Owen with an Owie and Abraham  Ga-linkin

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.