[Dailydrool] Our dog now is afraid of the doggy door

Lavern rrjlfj at cox.net
Thu Jul 31 08:14:30 PDT 2008

Hi - I have not had time to read my DD's and have about 55 to read now.  However, I need some advice on our dog, Herky's, new behavior.  We have a doggy door in the garage and it had worked so well until recently.  He now goes out of it ok, but is afraid to come back in!   Last night he just sat in front of the door and barked.  My husband pushed him through.  He said he will not open the door for him.  This morning he was sitting in front of the door again and barking so I opened the door and left him in.  I am a soft touch!   Help!!!!!  We just had him to the vet they didn't find anything wrong with him except he is a little overweight (61 lbs).  He will be 2 in November.

Another problem is he would not eat his Science Diet.  I started to add some Beneful and he loves it.  The vet said Beneful is ok.
LaVerne