[Dailydrool] DNA

DeeUtz68 at aol.com DeeUtz68 at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 16:12:16 PDT 2008

Yes, DNA can determine breed. Here are some articles about this new recent
form of testing on dogs.

_http://www.eagletribune.com/archivesearch/local_story_090072429.html_
(http://www.eagletribune.com/archivesearch/local_story_090072429.html)

_http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3193494_
(http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3193494)

The AKC only charges about $35 for DNA testing, but that's if you know or
suspect you know who the father is and are able to test him. We really don't
know the father of these little guys and if we had a guess, we have no way of
getting a DNA sample from them to prove potential sires. This DNA test won't
tell us exactly who the pups daddy is, but it will give us a list of their
heritage. So we can find out the breed of dog that fathered them.

This is similar to the test I am going  to order~ The one I found  was
actually a few dollars cheaper,but I can't find where I stored the link at  the
moment.

_http://www.mulehollow.com/dogdnatest.html?gclid=COeXwqKL-pMCFRlCegodlj08Vg_
(http://www.mulehollow.com/dogdnatest.html?gclid=COeXwqKL-pMCFRlCegodlj08Vg)

Gail ~ basset mom of Penny, Jasmine, Dinny ATB, Rudolph ATB, and
Butterscotch ATB
Adopt a _BROOD_ (http://www.brood-va.org/)   basset!
Visit the HOP puppies _Freddie and Rudy_ (http://www.dogster.com/dogs/792499)
 on Dogster!
Learn more about April, mom to puppies _April's Fund_
(http://www.firstgiving.com/hop-houseofpuddles)