[Dailydrool] waddle and drool request

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 09:59:18 PDT 2008

We had a great time at the Waddle for ABC.  I will post pictures later as
well as a report type.  We are about 6 or 7 drools behind so don't want to
say too much yet. Thanks so much for any of you that drooled or stomped for
no rain. It did rain off and on, but we got sun burned (humans) and there
was no rain for the waddle part where we walked in a parade with the town
and the bassets were a huge hit, as well as was Oliver the mini doxie. We
kept hearing ah, look at the weiner dog (Oliver) and some who thought he was
a basset puppy.

Anyhow, we need a drool request, yet again. As you are well aware, Maggie
started showing signs of lameness or numbness in her back end and didn't
want to go up the 2 steps into the yard. Well, today she started passing
blood in her stool. Bright red, according to sun and hubby. I am waiting to
check out some. Anyhow, hope it is just collitis like she had back in the
fall, but not as bad because we almost lost her last fall. She is 8 1/2
years old and what bothered me is that many, many other bassets would smell
the cyst on top her body where her tail meets her body and no it was not the
lets get acquainted hello sniff.  I am going to take her to the vet and
request an aspiration if possible. What bothers me is that I have had the
vet feel it before and he said don't take it off if it is not bothering
her.  ANyhow, Maggie could use some drool. I gave her a few pepcid ac for
her belly just incase it is something she ate not agreeing with her. She was
in the eat off competition at the waddle.

Thanks and
DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver