[Dailydrool] Help for Itching Furry Kidz

Violet Osborne imvi at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 13:27:35 PDT 2008

> From: Karen <sparks_red at yahoo.com>
> RE: Help for itching furry kidz?
>
> The itching problem is driving Dog House Momma to the loony bin.
> Abby and Sadie both have a rash that is not yeast and there are no
> fleas on them. I detest fleas. This all started with the Iams and I
> am not sure how long it takes for it to get out of their systems,
> though with Abbie I am also suspecting a grass allergy. They are
> both on a good lamb and rice kibble with no other grains and get
> yogurt on a daily basis.
> Karen and the Dog House Gang.

   Hi Karen........According to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
lamb is considered a "hot" food.  This could be adding to the itching
b/c maybe it is drying their fur and skin.  I had a problem with my
cocker with Lamb and Rice food.  His fur was getting very dry and he
was losing small circles of fur on his back.  I went to the vet and
she gave me a handout on TCM and told me to switch from the Lamb and
Rice.  So I went from the Canidae Lamb & Rice to California Natural
herring and sweet potato.  His fur cleared up.
I now feed the all stages Canidae, but b/c it has some lamb meal in
it, I have noticed (only) my cocker's fur is a little dry, but not as
bad as before.  Next time I will either try the chicken & rice or go
back to CN herring & sweet potato just for him.  I also give him a
fish oil capsule with dinner.   Just a thought.

~~Vi~~mom to, Roscoe, Chloe, Patches, Gidget & Buster