[Dailydrool] Brood Ramble...okay, Muddle

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 15:27:58 PDT 2008

Sometimes it happens. Nudgie and I went South this weekend to the Ramble! We
likes the Ramble. We gets to sniff nice houndies and walk around off leash.
Nudgie likes that part. On Friday, the humans drove us from NJ, then went
over and saw da place.....getting there just after the work was done.....I
took a page from Auntie Taco and WOOFED anybody within earshot. Nudgie RAN
and played like a puppy. More accurately, he met a puppy named Fred and
played WITH the puppy. Nudge will be 13 at the end of the month....he jumped
on Fred. Fred jumped on him. The two, and others rolled and sniffed. I
supervised. It was much fun watching little old Nudgie enjoy himself. Then
we went to the hotel where there was some nice food and we saw some hounds
we know, including nice Sadie who is much older than Nudgie but got the
energizer bunny pill, too!

...ahem. So much for letting the good times roll. Saturday dawned cloudy and
threatening. Despite my she slave begging over the megaphone for all slaves
to look up and scream, "NO RAIN," while the houndies stomped their
paws......it poured. It poured on mud. Folks drove in mud. People slid in
mud. Vehicles got stuck in mud.........but it was fun. Nice folks came and
turned in lotsa pledges. Auntie Moosebarb and Uncle Mike sold piles and
piles of stuff cause they had a nice big tent and folks wanted to get under.
(They also had nice basset raincoats for humans..and collapsable chairs.
Good thinkin.) The pawction went on...with my he slave as
pawctioneer.....bidding from under tents and out in the rain....my silly she
slave has some 'spensive sunglasses that were of no use yesterday!

Nudge and I waited in the car until late in the day when we just had to get
out! I immediately hid under the registration tent, doing my best to be
clean and dry. Nudgie, who loves wet and cold was in his element. Okay, he
was in his Ford Explorer until he decided to go enjoy a mudbath. Nudgie now
has very soft fur.......from his spa treatment. She slave slipped and was
covered from knee down in mud....but it was a fashion thing...so were the
volunteers and many of the attendees. Rumor has it good moolah was had. The
day trippers stayed home. (Please send in your pledges!!!!!! The homeless
hounds still keep coming.)

Thanks to Auntie Liz the rookie waddle boss who surely earned a WFI button
for this one.  She done good under most adverse circumstances.....along with
Auntie Diane and her team...and Uncle Dick who was back at his
registration/bag man job after having missed last year due to ill health.
He's a trooper. Thanks John and Auntie Susan who brought money but doesn't
want ya to know how much. Thanks for letting my slaves be of some use.

...ah, and the timing is everything part. Auntie Liz moved things along very
nicely. Couldn't leave the folks out there forever.....(now if I ever
understand the lady who came in a pretty sundress and a big spring
bonnet.........they will stop calling me pwitty.) The mud drenched humans
went in a too cute restaurant on the way back. They had to kill an hour or
so. (Turns out it catered the Tri-State Blue/Grey picnic in Gettysburg a
couple years ago.) She slave was out in the parking lot stomping her feet in
puddles trying unsuccessfuly to wash off mud before they went in. As they
placed their order.....the SUN CAME OUT. Timing is everything. Too late.

We all went back to Bonkie and Rollins' house. Auntie Moosebarb brought out
a nice warm hose. Nudgie loved it. Got carefully hosed. Rolled on his back
for more........she slave got hosed too.I did my best to run. I do hate wet
paws.   Us spent the night, which was nice and had some white box this
morning.

Thanks to the nice folk from Brood......GOOD JOB! Especially Auntie Liz who
can already start working on NEXT YEAR!!

Cakie
...and to the sneaker inner, Drooler, who lied to and tricked my she slave
last year to get in without any pledges or donation....I'm pretty sure you
used the foul weather conditions to sneak in again...but my slave was away
from registration for part of the auction, knows you were there late and did
not find a donation from you on the list when she returned. In the slim hope
she somehow missed your name she isn't posting it..........but is pretty
sure you got her again.