[Dailydrool] Bad Basset Owner (slave).

Thompson, Joey Joey.Thompson at bcbsne.com
Mon Jun 2 07:46:30 PDT 2008

I have neighbors on both sides of me who have dogs.  They have no children and aren't very old (late 30s, and mid 40s).  So they treat their dogs like they are kids.  Which I think is great.  I have 2 kids and as some may know once you get kids the animals have a little less priority, but they are still important of course.  However:

We were gone for 3 days over Memorial day weekend, so I asked my neighbor to come feed our basset Pesky who is not even year old yet.  I also asked they let her outside daily.

After our trip we came back and my neighbors no longer like me.  Why?

I left instructions to feed my dog 2 and a half cups of large breed science diet puppy food 1 time per day in the evening.  This is the same instructions on the bag of food.   I said her can give her some treats as needed/wanted.

I gave my hound a bath before we left.  She gets a bath about every 2 weeks on average but a lot of time weekly because she likes to roll in mud.

My neighbors are upset with me because apparently all my basset ever wants to do is eat.  When they fed her, she doesn't even swallow and acts like she is starving.  So he started feeding her 2 times a day.  Apparently they think I am starving my dog, and the way she eats and begs for food proves it.

Also they said my dog is dirty, and is no longer allowed to play with their dogs because she will get their dogs dirty.  It rained all weekend, only God knows what that basset was doing out back.

Lastly, when they would shut her in her kennel and leave, she would howl, so they assumed she must be shut in there a lot.  She constantly wanted attention from them, proving she must be neglected.

How my other neighbor got involved no idea.

Ok, so lets figure this out.  My Basset Hound:

Always wants to eat and acts like she is starving every time she eats.  Begs for food.
Likes to get dirty, daily
Wants lots of attention and howls, doesn't like to be left home alone in her Kennel.

What's wrong with my Basset?  Please Help!  :)  Or maybe I need to give my dog up?

Maybe my neighbors would feel better if I opened up college savings account for my hound.

PS my hound is current on all shots, is licensed, micro chipped, spayed, last vet checkup 2 months ago.  Bad Owner!  (apparently).

I should be ashamed of myself.

DISCLAIMER
This communication, along with any attachments, is covered by federal and state law governing electronic communications and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are reading this message, but you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not disclose, print, copy, store, forward or otherwise use or disseminate the information contained in this transmission. If you have received this message in error, immediately contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original. Thank you.