[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - I am on parole

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Mon Jun 2 14:53:28 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

After a long series of parole hearings and depositions from credible
experts, i.e. Granny Pat and Aunt Melissa (is that right, Nigel ??), Mom has
finally put me on parole.  That means I actually got to go into the BIG yard
and play for a while with Johnny and Opie this morning before it got too
hot.  Of course, the ever vigilant Parole Office (MOM) was watching my every
move.  If I even thought about the BBH game, she got out the cuffs and
shackles - I mean collar and lead - and threatened to put me back in jail.
So, Johnny laid on the patio and Opie and I barked at him and ran in circles
around him.  Hoagie thought we were crazy, so he went and laid on the picnic
table.  I don't know how he and Johnny get up on the picnic table - I can't
even jump up onto the couch.  I still have to use the basset stool.  Mom
says that I am a lead butt - I don't think that is very nice!  Like she
should talk - I haven't seen her jumping up on anything lately!  I think my
"jumpers" just haven't arrived yet.  Mom says that they might come with my
brains - hmmmmmm - she is a little testy today.

Gotta go - Dad's home and I think he will let me go out and play again.  The
Parole Officer has a headache - probably from Opie and me barking - so she
is hidin' out in the computer room where Dad put her air conditioner in
today.

Drools to ya!
Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)
Grady, Hoagie, Johnny and Opie
Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys