[Dailydrool] Today's 6/3 Calendar kids

Heidi Sarver sarvermb at UDel.Edu
Tue Jun 3 06:19:02 PDT 2008

Don't let the "I'm exhausted and depressed" look on Buford's face kid
you....he's anything but!  That is how he likes to lie around when I'm
eating something, working on the computer, cleaning the house, whatever! He
just looks like the worries of the world are all his to solve.

Today is neither of their birthdays nor gotcha days.  Today is MY dad's
birthday!  He would have been 89 but he lost his battle with Parkinsons' 10
years ago--seems like yesterday.  The only regret is that I hadn't "found"
basset hounds before Dad went to the bridge---Dad LOVED food, and LOVED
naps!  For a man who ate tons and napped tons he was fit as a fiddle his
whole life until Parkinsons' took it all away.  And the regret:  I would
have loved to have seen him share his late night snacks with Buford!  They
would have been Snack Pals!!

Oh, and the little head shot I snuck in at the bottom--that's Della.  You
would swear she was a dachshund sometimes.  Nope, just a 90% solid black
basset baby all of 48 lbs.

Happy birthday Dad!

--
Heidi, and Buford the OEBE Exalted Garbagemeister and King of Garbage,
Della, Guinness the wanna-be-a-basset cat, and Walter ATB 1998.

Visit our blog   http://bassetmayhem.blogspot.com