[Dailydrool] Duke and my 2 bassets

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:52:35 PDT 2008

Again I want to thank everyone who sent drool, good thoughts and even advice
on Duke's recent seizure. He seems to be doing well, in fact you wouldn't
even know he had one if not for his unusually red eyes. The vets saying
epilepsy, we are just watching for any future incidents.

Anyroo, onto Bassets! Cowboy and Rupert are playing more and more each day.
They seem to have accepted the fact that they're now brothers and stuck with
eachother. Ru is a total attention stealer and has to budge in anytime I try
to give Cowboy love. Cowboy has always been pretty independent of us though
so he doesn't seem to mind...that is until Ru comes and sits on his face as
he's lying for bellyrubs.

We've come to realize that cowboy is a very well behaved basset compared to
Rupert. Ru chews everything he possibly can, eats everything he possibly can
and counter-cruises like a madhound. He woofs a lot but hasn't let out a
howl yet, Cow on the other hand howls but doesnt woof.

Regarding Bobthedogs patooey to Frosty Paws, Cow is right there with you.
Well actually he refuses them out of the carton but if I spoon feed it to
him like regular ice cream he'll take a few bites. He is pretty snooty about
treats, especially hard cookies and stuff that requires too much work on his
behalf (i.e chewing) He loves jerky though, of any kind/flavor. Rupert will
eat anything so I've been giving him all the treats we have that no one will
eat and giving the others the "good stuff" (jerky). :) I dont think its
favortism as long as they each like what they are getting.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy, Rupert & Duke(wb)