[Dailydrool] Mailmen, walks, etc with Miss Angela

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Jun 5 08:38:16 PDT 2008

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela rouses herself from her post-walk nap to greet fellow Droolers and to say:

"On the subject of mailmen, I LOVE the lettercarriers, even the subs.  There is a foyer which opens to our half of the duplex and the other side.  In the foyer, there is a table upon which we have trained the lettercarriers to place the mail (rather than trying to stuff it into that silly slot.)  We leave the front door to the foyer open and frequently our front door is open, too.  That way, I can survey my world from the foyer and monitor the progress of the mailperson.  Bill thinks that he is smart for putting a big bown with doggie treats on the foyer table.  That way, all the postpeople can take a treat and give it to me.  In fact, I demand that they do so.  When Jeff, our longtime carrier changed routes, we made sure that the fill ins and eventually Tony, the new permanent guy know that I get my treat before Bill gets his mail.  I can be very stern if they do not remember this.  One cue is all they get, then I jump up on them to remind them.   Now they all know.   The UPS and Fedex guys not so much.

Since I took Bill off the emeritus status and agreed to go back into personal training (if I want to keep getting ingenue rolls, I need to appear less matronly)
with a walk every day.  He has a shallow learning curve and seems to have totally forgotten the drill.  We are supposed to hurry from shady area to shady area, then dawdle in the cool shade, pausing now and then so that I may investivagate interesting odors lurking in the grass and bushes.  He gets so goal oriented that he keeps forgetting to vary the pace.  He does, however, act the good press agent and encourages me to stop and meet my public.   He wants to go two miles through our leafy green neighborhood in half an hour bu t at my pace it  is about an hour's walk.  It seems to be doing him good as he is quite a bit lighter and more flexible, but seems to have reached some kind of plateau.  Less of the ugly brown liquid he likes in the evening, I think, will be a necessary step in this process.

Besides the heat, another reason I am not thrilled with summer is the noise.
I dislike the Dyson because it is noisy, but that thing he uses to mow the lawn is majorly objectionable.  And the neighbors all have such objects as well. One  even has a leafblower which he had the unmitigated gall to direct in my direction!  I don't even like the hair dryer!

Well, back to nap time.  I have to get in a good nap and be up for lunch.

Miss Angela (Poor Bill, they say thunderboomers again today.  I'll have to sit close and comfort him)
Bill (Hmmm  Seems like a good excuse for that "brown liquid" from Scotland