[Dailydrool] Advice needed PLEASE!!!

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Thu Jun 5 13:26:15 PDT 2008

As I returned to my desk from lunch, my cell phone and office phone rang
simultaneously and on the other end was animal control.  Diva was out of
the yard...again.  Frantically, I raced home, making the 45 minute
journey in just about 15, and the nice folks at animal control were in
the street trying to prevent her from running off again.  She wouldn't
go near them and each time they tried to coax her over, she would take
off running at top speed so they waited in front of my house and she sat
at the gate as long as they didn't try to come any closer.  She was
FRANTIC!  We just moved into our house less than 2 weeks ago and she had
no idea where she was.  This is not Ms. Houdini's first escape.  She has
chewed the bottom boards of our fence off, pushed through the nails in
the boards, dug holes around bricks and cinder blocks, and today,
managed to move three bricks, dig AROUND the chicken wire and push the
board free from the nails holding it in place to squeeze through a hole
I don't think my foot could get through.  It used to be the elementary
school across the street from our old house who would call me when she
was out, now it's animal control.  I am at my wits end with this!  It's
terrifying each time she gets out, all I can think of is a car running
over her, and I'm not exactly close to home during the day.  I don't
know what to do to keep this from happening...anyone got any
suggestions???  BTW...Sophie stayed put like she usually does.  I don't
know if she's too round to fit through the narrow holes Diva makes for
herself or if she just thinks the whole thing is a big waste of energy
on a hot day, but she was just sitting there, trying to figure out what
the fuss was all about.   Geez...these girls!!!

Jessica L. Sutton

Diva and Sophie are gonna put me in the nut farm!