[Dailydrool] Earl Update

Joni Thomas fredehound at comcast.net
Fri Jun 6 19:28:21 PDT 2008

Thank You everyone for mass producing Drool for Earl. He is better but not yet out of the woods. Yesterday afternoon Gary heard Little Stu out in the yard doing the oddest loud cry and went out to inspect and found Earl down in the yard having having a seizure and Stu was really worried about his brother and wanted someone to come and help. Gary brought Earl in and laid him down on his bed, this isn't the first seizure he has had but was the worst by far. About that time I came home to find him seizing again on the dog bed. He seemed better after a while and went to sleep on the couch and then seizure number three came while I was calling the Vet's offce, of course they were already gone for the day so we put him in the car and off we went to the emergency vet. When we got him there he was more alert but his left extremities would not work and he had no balance. After a complete exam and blood work plus a lengthly talk with the vet we decided to leave him for the night and pick him
 up today. Needless to say it was a night of tossing and turning for us and me calling to be sure he was OK  (I am sure they though I was a nut case). He is home now but his left side isn't working very well. They started him on phenobarb, which is something we were considering anyway since he has had a couple minor seizures before but this clinched it. Now we have a appointment with a Neuro Doc on the 17th, they want to rule out a tumor since he still has balance issues and problems walking. Pease keep sending drool our way and keep us in your prayers. Earl is my heart boy and is OEBE to the bone, it breaks my heart to see him so subdued, I want my Evil Earl back. I am so blessed to have my Drool family for support, it was so comforting to know that healing drool was coming our way and everything would work out. You guys are the best!

Joni Thomas
The Terrific Thomas Hounds
Fred  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/739990
Earl   http://www.dogster.com/dogs/739999
Bob-a-licious http://www.dogster.com/dogs/739959
Little Stuart  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/739974

Looking for cool stuff check out  https://www.petlane.com/joni
All my profits go to support Basset Rescue