[Dailydrool] escape-artist hounds

SHARON PETRIK baddass1955 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 22:28:03 PDT 2008

we have fostered a number of bassets in addition to our own two and the two goldens. we live in the country and a number of years ago I installed an electric fence. This has got to be the best thing we have ever done. not only does it keep your dogs in, but everything else out.This is the pet fence, not a regular electric fence for livestock. I shocked myself with it a number of times just to make sure it wouldn't hurt our guys. I have had to modify the posts a couple of times for some of the braver fosters but as it stands now they dont even get near it. Even the goldens who could easily jump over it ( it's only 2 ft. tall) don't get near it. I have forgotten to plug it back in after mowing the lawn for weeks at a time and they still won't go near it.The new dogs generally stick their nose in it pretty quick then go to the other side of the yard and do it again and that's pretty much it.They are inexpensive and the posts can be made from PVC pipe. you can be as creative as
 you like. Ours is about half an acre. anyone who would like more info can contact me offsite. Hope this helps someone. Mark&Shari,   proud parents to Shelby & Gizmo and the goldens Guinness & Sadie, and foster parents to  Jake & Mattie

to thine ownself be true