[Dailydrool] help with mom and babies

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Mon Jun 9 12:24:46 PDT 2008

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IA150.html

About a month ago Hounds Haven was contacted by a rescuer in a rural
community in MO. She stated that a woman had called her about a momma
Basset and her babies. She had delivered her babies under the neighbors
house and he wanted them removed otherwise he would "dispose" of them.
Test after test we finally got the diagnosis that Daisy and her babies
all had Coccidiosis, a intestinal parasite that takes all the nutrients
from their systems. We also noticed Daisy's teats were becoming more and
more painful for her while nursing the puppies and after the start of
weaning were swelling and becoming hot to the touch. She has been since
diagnosed with a severe case of Mastitis, and her milk was transmitting
toxins to the puppies causing them to be ill as well. But if Daisy's
antibiotic for her Mastitus doesnt help she will have to undergo
extensive surgery to remove the mastitis from her body. We are just
taking it day by day with close observation on Daisy.

Making sure Daisy and puppies are healthy is Hounds Haven's #1 priority
and our vet bills are mounting by the day for their care. And we need
your help in raising some funds to pay these medical bills. All of our
Hounds adoption fees are used to pay for the food, monthly medical
treatment of the hounds in rescue and for the next hound coming into
Hounds Haven to be vetted. So as a small all-volunteer based rescue our
funds are vital to keep saving the other hounds in need. All donations
made to Hounds Haven are tax-deductible and can either be made by by
using PayPal.

We will be selling things in the next couple of weeks as well.  There is
a slide show on our petfinder site showing how bad this poor mama basset
is doing. We appreciate your support.

Helena Poist

Proplanner

2500 North Loop Drive