[Dailydrool] Maggie's sore

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Tue Jun 10 05:11:21 PDT 2008

I don't really want to scare you and I pray that Maggie heals fine.  But a friend of mine had a Dachshund a couple years ago that had a sore on a toe that never healed properly.  Turned cancerous and they took the toe off.  He was fine for awhile but then started limping again.   The Cancer had spread to the upper leg.  The vet gave my friend 2 options.  Take the leg off at the hip and hope the Cancer had not spread or put him down.    As the dog was getting up in years and already had undergone 2 surgiries my friend opted to send him to the bridge to run and play forever.

Cathy