[Dailydrool] peroxide dispensing

Opal-Deitering, Gaylene gaylene at umich.edu
Tue Jun 10 09:55:35 PDT 2008

I always use a LARGE needle-less syringe.  They carry them at places
like Tractor Supply for cheap, or maybe your personal physician can give
you one or two.  Suck up a large amount of peroxide, squirt in the back
of the throat.  If some dribbles out, no problem, you used a lot.  You
won't over dose, because the dog will vomit it up in a couple of minutes
anyway.  The problem comes when you don't use enough!  Then you keep
having to do it over and over again (trust me, the dog gets pretty
unhappy, so just give enough the first time!)

NOTE that peroxide loses its effectiveness shortly after its been
opened, so buy MULTIPLE Small bottles, and only keep them for a short
time after opening.  You can still clean wounds with the left over, but
it doesn't work well for the purging use after a week or so opened.

Gaylene Opal-Deitering

My passions do not replace my relationship with God, but are instead a
reflection of it!