[Dailydrool] new buppies

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 12:07:05 PDT 2008

Well, I am a survivor of raising to basset puppies, and let me tell  you it
isn't EASY !  I think the hardest thing is potty training, it takes  a long,
long, long time to house train and I am a stay at home mom,  and  the thing
about them not peeing in their crate   hehehehe!!!! It  didn't bother evil Annie
at all,   It took 6 months to house train my  first Basset Lucy Girl , and I
didn't have a crate for her, then I got Maggie,  and I got really smart (
depends on who you ask )  and I purchased  a crate, it took another 6 months to
train her, I would take her outside,  , praise her ,  bring her back in the house
and 5 minutes later she would  wet.  but she only wet in her crate twice and
she didn't like that , so she  would wet on my floor and then run to her crate.
, then came ANNIE and whatever  good advise anyone had and all the rules of
dog training went right out the  window !!!!I didn't think we were both going
to survive toilet training  101.

Chapter two chewing :  anything and everything is  for the mouth,  doesn't
matter if it belongs to mom or dad, it if it is in reach it is fair game  !!!!
IRS tax returns, two wallest , thee pair of shoes  we now have  rounded
corners on all our end tables , holes in the arm chair  and couch,  seek and destroy
all squeaker toys stuffed or other wise.  backyard is  the gourmet of all
Bassets, sticks, leaves, bunny turds ( the best )  neighbors cat poo ! mmmmmmm
maple seeds,  bark , grass and  the list is endless !!!!!!!
watching them is a FULL TIME JOB  chasing them down and digging crap  out of
their mouths, I mean I have long fingers that go all the way down their
throats digging out debri

REALITY 101 :    they are  puppies and they are going to  chew , anything and
everything even each other, especially each other !!

NYLA Bones are the best , my girls love them and everything else that
doesn't belong to them !!!

 GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW BUPPIES !   ENJOY
PS get yourself a good bottle of wine and a box of  kleenex for the  tears
!!!  only joking

Marlene