[Dailydrool] Advantage and Frontline

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 11:30:01 PDT 2008

Another vote for Advantage.  We've had much better luck with Advantage than with Frontline for flea control.  Our vet has two additional suggestions which help:  Be sure not to put the Advantage on within two days of a bath (either before a bath or after) since the treatment relies on the dog's natural skin oils to work.  The vet also suggests splitting the dose and applying half on the back of the neck as the instructions say, but the other half at the base of the basset's tail, given bassets are so long.