[Dailydrool] Once You've Let Them Out of the Whelping Box ....

Lenore Dickinson storybookbassets at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 06:25:33 PDT 2008

... it's hell trying to put them back in!  LOL!  My whelping box has a guillotine door -- it comes down from the top between two guides.  I have mine cut in half so that I can either have it half of the height of the box or the full height.  When I'm home I usually have only half the door in so the puppies can see out and interact with the big dogs, who routinely visit and "talk" to them.  The puppies are at an age where the smart ones will start trying to escape ... after all there's so much more to life than the whelping box!

Sarah has always been my escape artist and she's strong.  She can hook her front legs over something and will sometimes step on another puppy to climb out of things.  Thus I've been using both doors for a while now to discourage her.

Last night I was very tired and went to bed about 9:30 p.m.  Apparently I was so tired I forgot to put in the second door.  Well guess who was sleeping this morning with her Auntie Priscilla on the pillows in the master bedroom?  Yep, you go it!  You think someone told her she's the one whose staying?

Lenore
Storybook Bassets