[Dailydrool] Once You've Let Them Out of the Whelping Box

Bob cowbobdog at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 07:17:14 PDT 2008

we fink someone tolded YOU who the one who is staying is hehehehehheeh

Message: 11
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 06:25:33 -0700
From: Lenore Dickinson <storybookbassets at hotmail.com>
Subject: [Dailydrool] Once You've Let Them Out of the Whelping Box
To: Daily Drool <dailydrool at dailydrool.org>

... it's hell trying to put them back in!  LOL!  My whelping box has a
guillotine door -- it comes down from the top between two guides.  I have
mine cut in half so that I can either have it half of the height of the box
or the full height.  When I'm home I usually have only half the door in so
the puppies can see out and interact with the big dogs, who routinely visit
and "talk" to them.  The puppies are at an age where the smart ones will
start trying to escape ... after all there's so much more to life than the
whelping box!

Sarah has always been my escape artist and she's strong.  She can hook her
front legs over something and will sometimes step on another puppy to climb
out of things.  Thus I've been using both doors for a while now to
discourage her.

Last night I was very tired and went to bed about 9:30 p.m.  Apparently I
was so tired I forgot to put in the second door.  Well guess who was
sleeping this morning with her Auntie Priscilla on the pillows in the master
bedroom?  Yep, you go it!  You think someone told her she's the one whose
staying?

Lenore
Storybook Bassets

--
King Bob the DOg

Support Basset Rescue order Bob's Kewl stuff at
http://www.bbostelman.net/Bob/bobthedog.html

http://www.mypetspages.com/mysite/389/
http://georgeegrunt.com/bobthedog/index.html