[Dailydrool] Penny and Polly the Polar Bassets

elerimist at free.fr elerimist at free.fr
Mon Jun 16 07:53:50 PDT 2008

Bonjour,  Miss Penny and Miss Polly woofin’ in from across the waves NOT in
fwance !!!!!!

Well, we just thought we would let you know a bit about our travels.  When we
get home we will update our website and you can read all about it there, but for
the time being here’s a “taster”.

We are travelling around Scandinavia with the humans in a small camper van.  We
have driven up from our home in the French Riviera up through France,
Luxembourg, Germany (where we had a nice time in Hamburg visiting swans, cats,

.. etc), Denmark and up all the way through Norway to the North Pole
 (No,
Penny, not the North Pole, North Cape <duh> ). Anyways we crossed the ARCTIC
CIRCLE and had our passports stamped.  Bet you we are the only bassets to have
that done!!!!!  North Cape was VERY cold – below freezing – so not very
interesting smells.  Lapland in general is brilliant – LOTS of smells, mostly
reindeer. Hmmm
 if only we could work out how to get rid of the humans we could
have some real fun up here.

Today was the best, so the humans think.  We went to visit SANTA PAWS!!!! Yes,
the REAL Santa Paws here in Lapland (Finland, Rovaniemi).  We were allowed into
his office and he spoke to us, asked our ages and where we came from !!!!!  THEN

.. We had our PICTURE taken with him (well, the humans are in the picture as
well so just try and imagine it without them in it), the real thing.
Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!  We first went through the grotto and I was a bit scared

(Polly woofin’ : No, Penny, you were terrified and dug your heels in and refused
to move hehehehehehehe!!!!  Everyone thought I was the scaredy cat
. ).

Anyway, we have the photo to prove it AND the video film of us woofin’ with
Santa himself!!! Do NOT ask to see the photo – we are keeping it as a surprise
for the Howliday Card Exchange.

Now we are off to the south of Finland to hopefully meet up with a couple of
Finnish bassets, then across to Sweden, back down Denmark, Germany, Luxembourg
and HOME !!

Hugs to all and unfortunately Internet access is not easy up here so we have not
been following the drools very well.  We’ll try and catch up when we get home.
Hope you are all keeping well.  Drool to those in need and apologies if we have
missed anything that we ought to have known.

Lurps, Misses P & P