[Dailydrool] Ramps

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Tue Jun 17 12:49:48 PDT 2008

<<Went to Home Depot found some nice thick premium wood treated for outdoor use.

The guys are real nice they will Cut the piece into two piece's  when you get home you can sand the edges.>>

Guess it depends on where you live. We went to our local Home Depot to try to get materials to make a ramp. Despite repeated efforts, we could not get them to cut the material. The boards we ended up with were warped. What a nightmare.

Our experience has been that a lumberyard will give you better lumber, for not too much more money. We have never returned to Home Depot.

If, like us, you are not really handy, you might not want to tackle this project. Ours was a disaster. We ended up giving away what wood was still good.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets