[Dailydrool] Pit Bull

Bambi McLeskey balange at olemiss.edu
Tue Jun 17 14:28:40 PDT 2008

I agree with the post about it being a near "dog attack" not just related to
a pit bull. I was raised with pits that were trained attack dogs. I rode
them like ponies with my hands holding their lips for reins. My neighbors
have three of the sweetest pits ever. We have never had a problem. I WAS
attacked by a clack lab once, but hold no animosity towards them. He was
just a little off in the head.  My lab/chow mix is the most likely to chew
on a visitor, even though he loves everyone, ne is just a little crazy. But
the neighbor down the street has a humongous rottie, who hates everyone
except his male owner. He has run at me, attacked multiple children,
attacked my sweet old lab (who at 100 lbs lighter and 8 years old, wooped
that rottie like a baby I might add)  and enjoys ramming his head into any
open window of passerbys vehicles and trying to eat them. All this with an
underground fence, and a collar for it. So it doesn't matter what the breed
is, and trust me I am terrified of that big bullhead down the street. Never
been afraid of a dog in my life, but that one has been shot, hit with cars,
and still keeps ticking. I had to beat him with a pipe to remove his teeth
from my labbie's throat with his owner standing there watching telling me to
hit him harder. I still regret that I had to do that, but it was my baby
first! Breed means nothing when you compare genetics to ownership. And I am
so very glad that you handled this so well Debbie, and Brudder, you are da
bestest, and I am very glad you are ok. But talking to the owner may truly
help. Please keep us updated, as it is a terrible thing to be afraid to walk
your baby in your own neighborhood. We are dealing with that now. Good luck,
sweet brudder, and keep da stories comin.

Bambi and da Boys