[Dailydrool] Basset Fun Day

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 06:52:50 PDT 2008

Cakie: Nudge, this is bad. Saturday is Basset Fun Day and we don't get to go, cause we are too far away!
Nudgie: It's okay, Cakie, the houndies in Washington have been waiting all year for their fun. This is their big day and they need to sniff and snack.
Cakie: But KING BOB gets to go.....I think I should get to go. Auntie Sandy has been making meatballs for so long that she couldn't even get to go to Vegas with my slave last weekend.
Nudge: Ourslave, Cakie......and it isn't like you are deprived. We are getting to go to a birthday party on Saturday for puppies turning one and next weekend we get to go to the Tri-State Basset Rescue Freedom Fest. Which just happens to be the celebration of my 13th birthday! (Don't anybody tell him otherwise.) I got gotcha'd at the Freedom Fest, five years ago...when they said I was 8. Mr. Woo had just gone to the bridge and I moved in......
Cakie: That is all very nice, but I want to have fun. I have never been to a basset fun day.
Nudgie: You have fun everyday and have been to more basset events this year than many bassets get to go to in a decade.
Cakie: But us is supposed to help the paw hounds and the paw hounds in Washington need the money!!
Nudgie: It is okay, us sent Auntie Sandy a big box of something to hawk for the paw hounds and it will be a big surprise to all the folks who come who had just better bring some money and shop early.
Cakie: Do I know what was in the box?
Nudgie: No, I am not going to woof you because you have a big mouf and will tell everybody.....
Cakie: If I don't get to go there, how can I see what was in the box, help the houndies and have fun?
Nudgie: I'll tell you on Sunday....you've already helped the hounds cause Auntie Sandy or somebody is gonna sell all the stuff in the box and make some moolah....and you will just have to have your fun with the puppies! Come to think of it....a lot of one year old puppies is a pretty scary thought for an about to be 13 year old guy. I better take a nap to rest up.
Cakie: Washington. I know where that is, I saw the sign when we went to the Ramble............
Nudgie: Wrong Washington, whiz kid.......
Cakie: No, I heard they have a tall something there that people all go and take pictures of. The Washington Monument!
Nudgie: No, Caker, it is the Space Needle. Ask Wendell. He is wif Auntie Sandy and can see it.
Cakie: I like Wendell, he is smart.
Nudge: Everybody else, go to Washington, Go to the Basset Fun Day. Buy stuff. Spend money. Hounds need Money. Cakie will be grumpin at the puppies. She will not be in either Washington!!