[Dailydrool] Our Rosie has Gone to the Bridge

siobhan118 at comcast.net siobhan118 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 22 10:43:18 PDT 2008

Kathy,
That was a beautiful tribute to Rosie girl.  I love that you have roses blooming to life in your garden again.  I'd say that Rosie is once again showing you that she is doing things her way.
Junior is sending drool to you and Dan.  Give the girls a hug from us.

--
Thanks,
Siobhan

Junior - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/469807
Taz - http://www.dogster.com/dogs/469809

From: "Sexton, Kathy" <kathy.sexton at sanmina-sci.com>

We helped Rosie to the Bridge last Friday afternoon. She was 12.

She had a 2.5 pound tumor removed from her liver at the end of February. The Doctors thought they got the whole malignant mass, but after diagnosis this past week, we discovered the disease had returned and Rosie was slowly dying of liver cancer. She had stopped eating and was losing her zest for life. We decided to send her to the Bridge before she started to suffer more.

Rosie was our ‘middle child’, our ‘Drama Queen’ – who always had something to say. Her older sister Roo is 14 and blind due to glaucoma. Her little sister is Emily and she will be 4 in August. Roo ruled the roost – unless Rosie decided she wanted to do things her way – and she surely let everyone know.

She was part of my Basset Brigade. It was always funny to watch people’s expressions as we walked all three of them together on Sunday evenings. It was nice to see people smile at our Basset Clowns.

Rosie loved to sit on the middle step of the back deck stairs and watch out over her kingdom for any furry critters that may invade her territory. She was never one to hunt them down, but did enjoy keeping watch.

One would think that having two dogs still here, the absence of one dog would not be noticeable, but the lack of her presence is overwhelming. I keep expecting her to come around the corner and I still feel extreme guilt of having to make the decision to end her life – I still can’t shake the intense sadness of having to make that final call and take her for the last trip to the Vet.

But it’s strange. Many years ago when we first moved into this house, I had planted Rose bushes along the front of our walk. Over the years, they all withered and were never replaced.  This week, one lone rose bush had broken through the junipers and is flowering prolifically with tons of red blossoms.

I wonder if that Rose bush is Rosie’s message that she will always be with us. I hope so - we all miss her so much already. Momma loves you Rosie. Be well.

Roo, Rosie (ATB 4/20/1996 - 6/20/2008), Emily, and Kathy & Dan

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any prints thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING. Notwithstanding the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of similar substance and effect, absent an express statement to the contrary hereinabove, this e-mail message its contents, and any attachments hereto are not intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended to bind the sender, Sanmina-SCI Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or any other person or entity.