[Dailydrool] The Vegan Basset

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 05:59:17 PDT 2008

My guys eat meat but they love veggies and fruits. Mitchell, in particular,
is a big Asparagus aficianado. I had a garden with asparagus in it but
Mitchell broke down every single fence we had and ate the little fingerlings
as soon as they appeared. This went on for a couple of summers and finally I
just unfenced it and grew the stuff for Mitchell. I have never had a single
asparagii(?) from my own garden!
They also love lettuce, sweet potatoes and melon. Watermelon is a big
favorite.
Zelda eats green beans happily, and slightly cooked carrots. I have an
acquaintance whose obedience dog worked for radishes. Berries are iffy.
Llewis likes raspberries, is very delicate and funny when he eats them. I
think they are a little tart for him, but not enough to stop him.
Unfortunately the price is almost prohibitive.
All my guys except Cooper (of course) like shrimp, salmon and sardines. This
takes them out of the Vegan category but so do the baby birds, bunnies and
squirrels they have managed to catch and .....nevermind.
I have yet to have a dog that will eat mushrooms, altho Cooper buries them
in the couch...

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda and Cooper