[Dailydrool] Drool and info for today's Calender girl

bailey566 at juno.com bailey566 at juno.com
Mon Jun 23 14:42:42 PDT 2008

today's calender girl is my "grand dog" Bella.  My daughter now lives in NH and the grand dogs reside with me...whats two more when one already had seven!!  Any how to make a long story short.  Bella has been in ICU in Nashua since Friday.   She stopped eating Thurs am and had bloody vomit and diarrhea thurs pm.  They discharged her yesterday, but she continued not to eat.  Today she return, one ultra sound later (humm not sure why they didn't do one over the weekend but I'm not a vet) they say her lymph nodes behind her spleen are enlarged, they are testing for Addison's disease, and saw a possible telescoping of a section of intestine (this section looked odd on the xrays friday, but as she didn't show other signs of twists or torcs. they felt it was just a shadow.

The vet hospital seems baffled, they have sent bodily fluid out to the lab and results should be back tomorrow.  We tried everything to get her to eat with no luck....this is a normally active (shall I say over-active) houndie so to see her so stoic for four days is really scaring my daughter.

We don't know much about Addisons (results will be in by noon tomorrow) any information or ideas would be helpful

Thanks
Mary Terry-Chase and the NH Houndies