[Dailydrool] Big Guy

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 25 05:59:25 PDT 2008

Last Thursday when the kids and I made our trek across the state to adopt out two bassets--and, of course, pick up two more for rescue--one of the ones we picked up was Bubba, aka Big Guy.  He was a stray and while his rabies tag was current and from a different AC facility than the one he was found by, the first place would release no info to the other shelter other than to say his shots were current [at least rabies] and his name was Scrub.  We, of course, thought this was a dopey name, and found a name with a similar vowel sound--Bubba.  This is one of the best strays we have ever had!!  He is huge (64#), coated with freckles, super clean, already neutered, with just the best temperament and personality.  He even gets old Sapper here jumping around to play!  I take treats away from him--nothing.  I take his dish away from him while he's eating--nothing.  I take food out of his dish while he's eating--nothing.  Every other stray we've had either is food aggressive around other dogs, or at leats tries to snarf every morsel before I can take the dish away.  Depsite his big size (he makes my Murphy look small!), he doesn't counter cruise, doesn't jump on people and isn't even 1 little bit Alpha.  He is terrified of our little 9 lb cat Meemyow.

Anyway, he made his YouTube debut the other day as I decided to try out the video upload feature to his listing on our website (I have the right camera now, thanks to 12 yr old Joshua's research on the Internet.)  If you want to see two crazy bassets (OK, Sapper peeks in the frame, too!) throwing themselves around my living room, check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0fqg9pev5M

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 8
Nellie, Murphy, Jeremiah, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Sapper, Liam, Justice, Twinkie, Big Guy, Danica, Beau Baloney and Poppi
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!