[Dailydrool] Basset insults

Lisa Cook liisa.cook at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 19:50:17 PDT 2008

When Maeby was growing like a weed, we realized we needed to upgrade her
small harness for a larger size.  My husband & I went to our local Walmart
and were looking at the medium and large harnesses, trying to decide which
one we should get.  A sales associate approached us and asked us if we
needed some help.  My husband told her that we were trying to decide between
the medium and large harness, but were unsure as to which one we needed.
The sales associate asked us what kind of dog we had and I proudly said, "We
have a 6 month old basset hound."  The sales associate rolled her eyes and
said, "Oh god, those are the most obnoxious dogs around.  If you were smart,
you'd take that mutt for a drive outside of the city and dump her off in a
field somewhere."  My husband & I stood there quite dumbfounded and then
dropped the harnesses and started to walk away.  The sales associate said,
"Wait, I can show you some more harnesses over here."  My husband replied,
"I don't think we'll be buying anything from a #$#$@# %&^##@# like you."
Lovely, huh?

Lisa (mommy-girl to Maeby & Lindsay-Lou).