[Dailydrool] Upcoming CBHR events

Debbie Malta dmalta at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 27 03:46:16 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I wanted to invite anyone who's interested to our 3 events that are coming
up in the second half of this year. We're a friendly bunch, and love having
new houndies and their folks join us! There are more details on our website
at www.cbhr.com.

Saturday, July 26 - Summer Picnic
Lake Norman in Troutman, NC (Charlotte area)
This one is more of a social event than a fundraiser, but we will have some
raffles and shopping and lots of food, of course! It will be a nice,
relaxing day at the lake and a chance to hang out with some cool southern
bassets!

Saturday, October 25 - Howl-O-Ween Party
Jordan Lake in Apex, NC (Raleigh area)
A fun family day at the lake and a big day for the bassets. We have a
catered BBQ lunch followed by contests with prizes for the dogs - best
costume, bobbing for weenies, a limbo contest and a howling contest. There's
also a doggy ice cream social with Frosty Paws for all. We'll have a DJ and
a  book signing by Bob Blanchard, author of "Deer Aint Peggy", a collection
of 50 letters written by a basset hound to his friends and relatives. The
rest of the day is full of socializing, raffles, silent auctions and a few
live auctions.

Friday, December 5 - Sunday, December 7
It's Waddle Time in Charleston, SC!
A weekend full of activity and socializing with the Carolina hounds! Our
hotel is across the street from a beautiful marina, close to historic
downtown Charleston, and a short drive to the beach. The weekend kicks off
with a social at the hotel on Friday night. Saturday is jam packed with
things to do - a group outing to a local dog park, a ghost tour through
downtown Charleston, a boat tour of the Charleston harbor, contests for the
hounds, Yappy Hour at the marina and a dinner with live and silent auctions
to finish the day.  On Sunday, the bassets suit up in their holiday attire
and we hit the streets of downtown Charleston to march in the Christmas
parade. There's a farewell dinner after the waddle for those who plan on
staying until Monday.

Hope you can join us!

Debbie & CBHR hounds Zoe & Sullie and fosters Hope and Tahoe