[Dailydrool] Pw Bosley and gulping

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Fri Jun 27 17:56:55 PDT 2008

Bosley  went to the vet today because he has been
gulping - at first I just noticed him doing it now and
then but then he was doing it more often.  He was
sedated while the vet took a look-see down his throat
and pulled out a piece of grass that had lodged between
his soft palate and his tonsil. It had caused an ulcer there
and it could have gotten infected, not to mention it was
obviously bothersome to Bos.  He'll probably do some
coughing for a day or so and we're soaking his kibble in
some water and avoiding hard treats at least through
tomorrow, but he should be just fine.

There are numerous reasons for gulping, some not
so serious and some very serious, so I wanted to
mention our experience with it.  Don't ignore it  if
your hound continues to gulp and/or the frequency
increases.

I have been at the vet's so often this year, I really
should be awarded my own parking $pace or maybe
some frequent flyer mile$ . . .

My 16 paws send drool to all in need,

Donna, drool fueler for Elmo, Pw Pauline, Gracie and
Pw Bosley, missing Dudley ATB