[Dailydrool] when to know

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 19:01:26 PDT 2008

Here is how you know when you have been "bassetized."  As you all know, my
husband is overseas right now. Well, one of the forms of communication is
instant message. I shared next year's daily drool calendar picture from us
to the Dad Slave during the instant message.  He said he was going to show
some guy that I didn't know. Then, I said I thought you would show (insert
guys' name here) because he has a basset.  Then, we went on and I said I bet
(same guy as above) really misses his baby.  My husband writes back no he
doesn't.  I said "What? I don't understand how he could not miss his
newborn."  My husband wrote back and said oh, when you said baby I thought
you meant his basset.  This man's basset is 10 years old and I was talking
about his human 3 months old baby.  That is how I know the Dad Slave has
been properly trained by the girls and Oliver.  The Dad Slave thinks of the
hounds as his babies, even though we have human children that are 9 and 11.
Our fur-babies will be 9 and 5 years old this year and our youngest fur-baby
is almost 17 months old (Oliver).

I am going to take my camera with me tomorrow on the transport of the
Arkansas 11. I won't get to see all 11 by the time I get to my leg of the
transport, but I can load them up online to kodak and post a link for
everyone.  Perhaps Shelly (of the Slobber Shoppe) will have her camera at
the Breakfast with Bassets in Buffalo and take pictures of all of them.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver