[Dailydrool] nail trimmin'

June Scheunemann & Mike Bernsdorf equineent at lakefield.net
Fri Jun 27 19:55:58 PDT 2008

I have always trimmed my dogs own nails .....that is till Leroy came along.
YOu can touch his toes any time...unless you have a nipper in hand.  He
seems to know when you do no matter how well you hide it.  I usually manage
to get one TOE done before he starts carrying on.  My Mom was here one day
and just started shoving treats at him while I nipped.    IT WORKED !!!  I
got all 4 feet done and Leroy got alot of treats.  Nala doesn't care about
nail trimmin' and Gus...well, he will tolerate.  All 3 of these pups are
wonderful fun loving and not a mean bone in their body.  I'm guessing since
bassets tend to have really thick and hard nails that some are just more
sensitive to it.  I can't believe the groomer called the vet.....cuz' when i
did ask just once for the vet to trim Leroy's nails he just started
laughing.  Told me bassets are notorious for not liking their nails clipped.

OK I missed out on the listerine thing.  Is that just for getting the smell
out of cement???  I heard it works for mosquitoes...?  Does it or is this
just for getting the smell out????  Does it work on cat pee????

June
Moma to Gus, LIttle Leroy and Miss Nala.
Equine Enterprises
June Scheunemann
Mike Bernsdorf
16706 Hilltop Rd