[Dailydrool] Grooming Philby

Jolanda jolanda at telefonica.net
Sat Jun 28 00:45:50 PDT 2008

Mary Lee, since your vet doesn't see any problems, why don't you ask him to trim Philby's nails?
I do it myself, but it took me many many sessions to let my basset Chica get used to it. She didn't turn agressive,  but in the beginning she simply made it impossible because she didn't keep still, tried to hide her paws, make a lot of comedy (and noise :-)
I read somewhere that the nails of a dog are aren't nails but little hoofs, and that is therefore much more sensitive. Never heard that before, but it would explain a lot.
Jolanda