[Dailydrool] Menzie's post

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 16:55:03 PDT 2008

Menzie, we can see that they are well taken care of just be looking at them
too. We have had much worse puppy mill bassets come in from NY.  The
Arkansas 11 are so friendly.  None of these bassets would run and hide from
us.  You are right about not knowing what a dog bed is for.  Rylee (formerly
Daffie) has actually tried to play with a toy. She is playing alligator
mouth with my doxie right now.  No growling issues, no food aggression, no
counter cruising yet, not in the garbage yet, etc.  I personally fostered a
basset that would scrunch down anytime a big yard tool was brought out
(rake) so we didn't do yard work at all when she was here.  This same basset
had never seen a kid apparently because she tried to "dominate" my son by
humping him.  These bassets were great with my kids.  I am not sure if I
told this in my previous post........Rylee decided she would sit on my
daughter's lap, but wanted to be on my son's lap too--the problem is the van
has bucket seats. I heard the kid's giggling and we have a mirror that will
show us what is going on in the back that comes out of the ceiling. I could
see Rylee standing up with her back feet on one side and front feet on
another and underneath her, lying on the floor, is the cute black basset
that was adopted today.  Rylee has even gave us kisses and Joanne and Dan
Rusaw kisses (Bonnie and Maggie's Mom).  We thought the 6 year old, Lucy,
was not doing well and would have to go to the vet, but she perked up, ate,
drank, etc. once she was one on one with the foster Mom.  The long ride is
what we think made her not feel well.  No sickness, just lethargy. Oliver is
happy that their is a young basset to play with in the house.  I believe he
will miss having someone that will play with him. I am trying to talk the
Dad Slave into another mini so they can play together, but I don't think it
has done much good.  Rylee will be fostered about 30 minutes from us so
perhaps we could meet up at the dog park someday. I will let the drooler who
is fostering her let everyone know who she is.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver