[Dailydrool] Nudgie is 13!

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 21:23:16 PDT 2008

It is with great happiness I tell everybody that today is Nudgie's gotcha
day and he is thirteen! Yes, the little  charmer who the shelter thought had
two months to live and was going to kill back in 2003 has been here 5
years....and is a teenager. He came to keep feyfey company just days after
<*> Woo went to the bridge. Nudgie was Wowddle Kingyeahright in 2004, has
BoardWaddled five times, been to Mishgun 5 times, five Rambles and countless
picnics, pawties and doggie walkathons. As Nudgie's face has grown white he
has worked his way into many hearts and we still have to watch his Aunties
Pat, Carol, Angelika and maybe Brood's Liz when they are in his presence.

Nudgie plans to celebrate becoming a teenager the same way that we met
him......by going to the Tri-State Basset Freedom Fest. He thinks it is a
pawty for him and we aren't telling him otherwise. (NO RAIN....need some
help on this one...) Usually a birthday or gotcha hound here gets steak and
fancy cookies or cake from Jake's......but Nudge put in a special request,
for his favorite....pasta. He loves pasta, don't forget the sauce and a
little cheese, please, more than anything. So I actually cooked. My last
adventure in cooking involved Taco Bell having hamburger rain on her butt.
(See the last Bugler for that one....thanks Richie)  With some trepidation I
made him a big casserole of baked penne with ricotta. He had some tonight
and will enjoy it with his kibble until its gone. Cakie will share, but it
is not her favorite.

The shelter that released Nudgie to Tri-State Basset Rescue thought he was
too old and/or sick to adopt out. They seriously wanted to kill him. Thought
he had a couple months to live. He is very grateful that Uncle Sandybob
said, "NO." to that suggestion. If anybody has a doubt about adopting a
senior houndie, Nudgie is reason enough to cast those doubts aside. We
wouldn't have missed a moment of the past five years with him. Nudgie would
just have skipped the days when his nails get trimmed.

Happy Gotcha day Nudgie!

dawnslave
...rich and Cakie who would rather have had the fancy cookies.
...did we mention FIVE YEARS when they said two months?
...the vetlady said he has pawfect blood.
...That pasta is really good....now I want at least another five!!! Nudgie