[Dailydrool] OMBR-ABC 11

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 29 06:01:02 PDT 2008

What a wonderful thing this is, to see 2 rescues who co-operate with each other for the good of the dogs!  Bless every one who has helped with this mission, Phil and Sherry, everybody who helped with transport and arranging this, and especially all the foster homes who took in 'just one more' so these dogs can go on to healthy, happy, and loving years ahead of them.  This is what rescue is all about, and it's great.
I had the great fortune to be able to adopt one of the OMBR 24 puppies at their picnic last year, and I can never say 'thanks!' enough to OMBR for saving my Amber and her littermates.  That was a huge effort for such a small rescue, but they did what they had to, everyone pitched in and took on more than their share, and somehow it worked out.  I have not kept up with all the 24, but I know that Menzie made sure the puppies were all adopted to wonderful, loving homes and every one is leading the spoiled life they deserve, including Mama Rosie.

Every once in awhile, I read on the Drool about one rescue not agreeing with another one's policy, or some other personality spats between rescue people,  and it breaks my heart to think that we put energy into that kind of thing, when there are so many other, more important, issues that could use that same energy and passion.
Thanks to everyone for what they do to help save the lives of these wonderful and deserving dogs!  It can never be said enough times.