[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - My Zipper

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sun Jun 29 20:09:31 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

I have had four very interesting days.  On Thursday, I had a really bad
tummy ache.  I didn't eat and I couldn't po.  - well that is too much
information.  I got out the medical books and I think I had 'pendicitis.
Anyway, Mom called the vet and they said that Dr. Katie wanted to see me.
So - off we went to see Dr. Kate.  She rubbed my ears, she took my
temperature - how rude!  Then she pushed on my tummy and said - "Oh-Oh!  I
think Norm ate something he shouldn't have eaten!"  Then they took pictures
and they found it!  They found my secret - I had eaten a rock!  The next
thing I knew, they were sticking a pointy thing in my leg and I got sleepy.
In just a few minutes - at least that's what it felt like - I woke up!  Mom
and Granny Pat were saying "it's time to wake up, Norm!".  But I didn't want
to wake up.  I had this warm blankie on me, I had this fuzzy warm feeling
inside me, and my eyes weren't working.  So - I went back to sleep.  I don't
remember much from Thrusday night, but Emily took good care of me.   On
Friday, I still had that fuzzy warm feeling inside me, but my eyes and legs
worked again.  That's when I discovered it - Dr. Kate and Dr. Bob put a
ZIPPER in my tummy!  It doesn't hurt and I think it is kind of cool!  All of
the other boys are jealous - they don't have zippers!  I think it will come
in handy if Mom ever lets me near the rocks again - just in case I eat one,
it will be easier to get out!

Drools to ya!

Norm and the rest of the Red Bay boys

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny and Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys