[Dailydrool] snoods

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sun May 4 08:36:07 PDT 2008

Do any rescues sell snoods for smaller houndies such as Oliver the 14 1/2 lb
doxie?  I went to a dachshund forum and found out that some dachshunds have
had ear issues from fly bites, mange, mites, dragging on the ground when
sniffing around, or from their ears getting shuck so much.  I was going to
try to put a snood on him to prevent the flapping about. I am still going to
call the vet and see if he will see him. Last night we were up at 2 am with
a sick child and let all 3 dogs out and came back in to small blood spatter
on the kitchen floor from Oliver.  I doubt it would be fly strike as he does
not spend much time outside, no issues with ear infection, redness or
swelling when examined for the flap thing less then 2 weeks ago.  I am not
seeing mange issues on him, etc.  Anyhow, thought I would support basset
rescue if possible when ordering a snood for the little guy.  Perhaps the
vet can give me an ointment to apply to his ears to help them heal quicker.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver