[Dailydrool] Puppies

Lenore Dickinson storybookbassets at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 13:37:25 PDT 2008

Jake, Spot, Sarah, Dexter and Mouse would like to announce their arrival into this world two weeks ago Sunday.  Their proud parents are Chuck (CH Castlehil's Guilty by Association) and Abby (CH Snoline's First Lady).  Mama and babies are doing fine.  Jake had a bit of a rough go at first as he isn't a good sucker, but he's taken to g'ma (that would be me) giving him a bottle in addition to nursing from his mama. All are very open tri-colors.  Their eyes are opening, their ears are growing and they already love to be snuggled. Set up the big whelping box in the living room and Abby is enjoying that much more than being more isolated back in the laundry room or spare bedroom.  This way she can get out of her box and snuggle with me on the couch and still keep an eye on her puppies.  Pris is thrilled as she can peek in on the puppies.  I think the fact that the box is solid versus PVC tubing or ex-penned, etc., enhances of her sense of security for her puppies ... altlhough in another couple of weeks, she will let Pris get in the whelping box with them ... and Pris will be over-the-moon!

Lest anyone think I am "advertising" puppies -- please be advised that all the puppies are spoken for with three additional individuals on the list "just in case." Still missing Oliver dreadfully, but I have to admit these little charmers do help. Lenore