[Dailydrool] Matilda

MsBBeaBear at cs.com MsBBeaBear at cs.com
Wed May 21 18:33:27 PDT 2008

I have a problem here tonight and need some drooler help.  My Matilda has
been in fine health since we got  her at age 3.  She is now 11.  She was fine all
day, ate breakfast, and dinner.  In fact she is the first in line barking and
carrying on.  Anyway,  She ate about 4 and then I was baking some cakes and I
kept smelling poopy smells.  Since we have Mabel the old girl of 13,  I
figured maybe it was her.  I went back to her room and no signs of anything.  Ok,
back to cooking.  In the meantime, two of my other dogs were in the family
room off the kitchen along with Matilda.  Now Matilda and Ruby always sleep on my
leather sectional.  Matilda has to have an end cap.  LOl.  Now instead of
sleeping on the couch, she was on the window seat sleeping.  So I walked out into
the room and the smell gets stronger.  I noticed someone pooped on the floor.
 None of mine ever do that.  As I proceed to clean it up,  I notice, she
pooped on the couch.  I suppose as she was getting down.  I could tell she wasn't
feeling good.  Then I noticed she must have thrown up her dog food along with
a couple of treats she swallowed whole.  She does gulp her food.  I try to get
her to go outside.  I finally get her outside and she starts with runny
bowels.  After ten minutes of going, She lays down in the grass and won't budge.
Ok,  we let her lay there for another ten minutes and figure she will get up
and come inside.  She dosen't.  So my husband and I carry out the dog bed and
put her on it and carry her in the house.  She is wagging the tail and hears us
but dosen't seem interested in moving.   Another half hour goes by and she
gets up and goes to the dog door and gets runny again.  She comes back in lays
down and has been sleeping ever since.  I am not sure what is going on.  Her
ears seem cold and her nose.  But then the other dogs have cold noses.  There is
no blood anywhere that I can see.  I did give her some dog diareahhea
medicine and she seems to be resting better.  Has anyone got a clue what is wrong
here?  She is never like this and refused food tonight.  Food is her passion.  I
will call the vet in the morning, but don't feel to take her to the emergency
clinic tonight.  Could this be a virus or something she picked up that would
work that fast on her?  I am really worried.
Renee