[Dailydrool] Bloat

Sue Pearson suepearson at shadowhome.demon.co.uk
Thu May 29 05:03:47 PDT 2008

I had a phone call earlier this morning from an old friend of mine, her 8 year old standard poodle bloated last night, the vet has operated and she came through the night OK.  Now to make this basset related although I have had two bassets bloat I had them both put to sleep for different reasons, so I have no experience of post bloat surgery but I know there are people out there who have.  What can my friend expect in the way of post operative care, how contained will she have to keep Lucy and do you think she will be OK to travel from the south coast where they are to Cambridge on Sunday ready to go back to school on Monday, a car journey of 2 and a bit hours probably.  Please contact me off drool as it isn't strictly basset although she does sound a bit like a basset in poodle clothing with her liking to eat anything she isn't supposed to.

Sue
Winnie
John the c at t