[Dailydrool] Bizzare Basset Behavior (then again... what isnt???)

Monique Tecson moenizzle at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 18:13:28 PDT 2008

I've been silently "tuned in" to the drool for the last few weeks.
 First off, am glad Elwood is home! Things aren't the same without you
 buddy! And I saw pictures from the boardwaddle.. it looked so much fun! But
 then again, its an event with hundreds of hounds... why wouldn't it
 be???

  Anyway, I've written to repawt on bizarre behavior. My basset Mona
 loves to.. I guess you could say.. potato behind the ears.. ( I use the
 word groom because she "chews" on potato behind the ears... like a dog
 would when they're itchy... anyway.. i hope you guys get the picture)
 Being the wiggly one that he is.. Potato (my half basset half bull
 terrier) would try to get away. Mona would whine and try to get him to stay
 still.. all this while chewing on his head.. LOL!

  Does anyone know why they do this??? Thanks!

  Monique, the perplexed momma to the two...