[Dailydrool] Food change

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Fri May 2 14:10:58 PDT 2008

<<I tried mixing his food this morning for the first time. I added 1/4 cup of the new food and 3/4 cup of the Pedigree he was being fed. He picked out all the new food and ate it, then proceeded to leave the Pedigree behind!! I'm going to watch and see if he has upsets, because he's not finishing up the Pedigree....>>

When we began fostering our Alexis, she came to us with a huge bag of Pedigree. Since I fed a high-quality food to our other dogs, I immediately began switching her over.

>From the first changeover, Lex refused to touch the Pedigree--she'd carefully hunt out all the new food and leave it behind. I ended up feeding her the new food and rice, because I could not get her to eat the Pedigree.. I suggest you do likewise. It may not be the most balanced diet for a little while, but it will work. If he gets diarrhea, just cut back on the new food a bit. Since Alexis had a very tender tummy, I had to make the switch slowly I won't take you as long as took us to change Alexis, who got diarrhea at the drop of a hat.

I happily tossed all the Pedigree, since our little princess clearly knew good food when she saw it, and I certainly wasn't going to give it to any of our hounds.

Consider your buppy a smart hound!
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets