[Dailydrool] Senile basset?

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Sun May 4 20:23:35 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note. My Xaxa has been acting differently lately. He is becoming a picky eater. But he ends up eating everything as long as he is fed or we pressure him to eat.
He is not sick and is acting normal, playing, barking at those who pass in front of the house, etc...He seems just slower and picky. He is going to be 12 on July 4th, so I thought that maybe he might be just getting old or senile?
Any comment would be greatly appreciated.
For those who read about our rescued bonded pair Max and Sweets, they are on a lovely foster home that may become forever home so they are really well!
Thank you!
Virginia, da mom to Violeta and Xaxa da Basset in Canada