[Dailydrool] Sophie's bump

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Mon May 5 11:35:37 PDT 2008

Friday evening both the girls had an appointment at the vet.  Diva was
absolutely terrified the entire time and hated every minute of it.  They
had to call in two vet techs to hold her down to draw blood and then to
give her a shot and microchip her.  You would have thought we were
taking off her leg!  I felt so bad for my little baby girl!!  She got a
big juicy cheeseburger on the way home.  (I know...SUCKER!!!)

Sophie was her usual jolly self, never knows a stranger and the tail
going ninety to nothing the whole time.  The vet looked at her little
bump and said that it's not a bug bite or anything like that, but more
like a growth or a lump of cells that just bumped up there.  He talked
about the fact that in a dog her age (she turns 1 on 5/17) , the chance
that it could be cancerous is around 5% or less, but if I felt like I
wanted to have it removed, he could do local anesthesia on her and use a
laser to lop it off.  I have never had any experience whatsoever with
this kind of thing.  On one hand, if there's even a .00001% chance that
something could hurt my babies and I can do something to remove the
chance, I'm going to do it.  But on the other hand, the vet also said
that a lot of times, these things dry up and fall off or pop and go away
on their own.  I don't want to put her through having the thing removed
if it's just going to go away...but how do you know?  It's really small
right now, and it hasn't gotten any bigger or changed color or anything
since I saw it the first time about 2 weeks ago, so I guess my game plan
now is to watch it daily and see what it does, if anything.  Like I
said, I'm in the dark here, so I figured I would go to the drool to see
if anyone has any experience with this or advice for me.  I just want
what's best for Sophie, and I told the vet that my #1 concern was the
health of my dog.  What should I do???  Thanks!!!

P.S. I took this picture of Sophie this weekend.  She's such a ham!!!

Jessica L. Sutton

Mamma to Diva (I don't like dat vet man no no no no no!)  and Sophie do
dah (whatchu worryin fur momma...tis jus a widdle bump)