[Dailydrool] Lance Basset in the hospital

Laurie A Diehl diehllau at msu.edu
Tue May 6 05:16:29 PDT 2008

I got home last night from work and Lance had had an accident in his crate.
In the time it took me to strip his bedding and get all the yuck out of the
house. It was very apparent he was a very sick boy, throwing up and bloody
stools. He must have held it for a while waiting for me to get home. The ER
vet says its hemorrhagic gastroenteritis. Dr. said he'll likly be there for
two- three nights. He had this about 4 years ago and we've been able to
avoid it until now. Does anyone have any suggestions about avoiding it in
the future? The Dr. says they don't know a cause, but it seems to be brought
on by stress. Lance was at the Kennel this weekend, but he loves going there
and has never had any problems with stress there in the past. Lucky for me,
my stimulous check should be here soon. That'll pay for part of it.

Drool please,
Laurie and no Lance in Kalamazoo